Monday, January 20, 2014

Welcome!

"I facilitate learning. I engage minds. I  listen to questions. I encourage risk. I support struggle. I cultivate dreams. I learn everyday. I TEACH."

I am unaware of who wrote the above quote, however, after reading it several times, it is clear that teachers are not only helping their students learn, but they are also the inspiration and motivation behind their students. As teachers, we continue to learn new knowledge and use this knowledge to teach and encourage our students.  Throughout this semester, I plan on using this course to help guide me through the challenges of everyday teaching.  Although I do not have a full-time contracted teaching position, I still see challenges as a substitute teacher.  I'm hoping this class can help me have a better understanding on how to be creative in the ways I teach my students.  Even though I do consider myself to be a creative individual, there is always something new to learn that can help you teach to the special needs of each individual student. 

Throughout this course, I hope to learn through the use of the textbook, this blog, and through the ability to communicate with my peers.  By writing your thoughts on paper (or in this case, in a blog), you have the ability to truly understand what you are thinking and learning.  For this reason, this blog will help me have a better understanding of who I am as a student and as a teacher.  I am looking forward to reading the blogs that my classmates have written and am interested to see what we can learn from one another.




No comments:

Post a Comment